If we think of the oldest narratives and mythologies transmitted through oral culture, those were the continuous creation of multiple authors. The idea of the author was fabricated only later in order to extract value from such tales. To better understand the mechanisms within collective storytelling we explore existing worldbuilding and storytelling engines that enable collaborative and nonlinear narration.
- Collective Oral History (Research
- Dungeons and Dragons First Pen&Paper Role Play published in 1974
- Storium Online creative writing gam
- Storyjam Multiplayer Narrative Game For Collective Storytelling developped by Yujie Zhu
- Semantic Web refers to W3C's vision of the Web of linked data. It provides a common framework that would enable people to create data stores on the Web, build vocabularies, and write rules for sharing and reusing data.